Recipe: http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/roasted_chicken_with_carrots/
I sort of followed this recipe, but this is what I did:
I chopped up two carrots, one potato, 1/4 onion, and two cloves garlic and placed it in a 9x9 baking dish. I placed two chicken leg quarters (that were seasoned with salt, pepper, and thyme) on top and filled dish with one cup chicken broth. Attempting to "drizzle" olive on top of chicken, but I suck at doing that, so I gave up. Then I cooked it at 425 for 45 minutes in the oven.
Thoughts: We both thought this was good, but some things: there was too much liquid, so the vegetables cooked unevenly, and the chicken needed some other flavor besides thyme. I think it should be worked on. I think the 9x9 dish was a bad idea and I would watch how much liquid goes in the dish.
No comments:
Post a Comment