Sunday, October 17, 2010

Wednesday, October 13th, 2010 - Pork Tenderloin Medallions

Recipe: From The New Best Recipes cookbook under pork tenderloin, the sauce was an apple, onion, and sage mix with heavy cream and apple cider, sorry I don't want to type it out

I thought this was really good, but I should have seared the medallions for longer than 80 seconds like the recipe suggested.  I didn't pound them out, so they need more cooking time.  I would also double the sauce.  I need to learn this:  ALWAYS DOUBLE THE SAUCE.  I am a sauce person.

May 2011 Update:

300 g schwein charbonnade (6 pieces)
1 Braeburn apple
1 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 small onion
1/4 cup apple juice
3/4 cup chicken borth
1/4+ cup heavy cream


1. Heat pan for five minutes on 7 or 8.

2. Place paper towel on cutting board and place pork pieces on paper towel.  Cover with another paper towel and pat dry.

3. Add olive oil to pan and let sit for a minute.

4. Add salt and pepper to top of pork, put into the pan with tongs.  Add salt and pepper to the other side. When the bottom side is browned, turn the pork pieces over.  Wait until 80 seconds, then take the meat off the pan and put it onto the plate. Turn the heat down on the pan to 5.

4. Slice onion into thin slices.  Peel apples and cut into thin slices.

5. Add the butter to the pan and let it all melt.  Then add the onion and apple slices, laying them out evenly.  Cook until the bottom side of the apple turns brown, and then turn all the apple slices over, letting them cook another minute.

6. Measure out the apple juice, then add to the pan, coking about 2.5 minutes until the liquid reduces to a glaze.  Make the chicken broth.

7. Increase the heat and add the chicken broth, spices, and accumulated pork juices.  Cook another 3 minutes.

8.  Turn down the heat to medium and add the cream, let it cook for only a minute.  Add more salt and pepper.

9. Turn off the heat, and ddd back the pork pieces and coat them in the sauce and let it sit.

1 comment: