Serves 4
Ingredients:
- 2 small brown onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- 600g of mushrooms
- 150g of spinach
- 60g of Danish feta
- 4 sheets of frozen low fat puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg, beaten
Method:
- Place a large frying pan over a medium heat and add the olive oil and onions. Cook the onions until golden.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic and salt and pepper to taste, and cook until the mushrooms are softened before adding the white wine. Simmer in the wine for 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (355 Fahrenheit) and line 2 baking trays with greaseproof baking paper.
- Cut the pastry into quarters. Top one quarter with the mushroom mixture and crumble a quarter of the feta on top. Top with one of the pastry quarters and press to seal the edges. Repeat with the remaining pastry and mixture.
- Cut a small hole in the centre of the top of each pie and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden and puffed.
Changes: I decided I didn't want feta in this so, I picked gruyere instead. I bought Blätterteig at Coop, which comes with one or two sheets. I halved this recipe and used one sheet on puff pastry, cutting it into fourths to make two large "pies". This was a good size for a dinner portion. I left them on their parchment paper and put those on a baking sheet.
I took them out at the oven between 15 and 20 minutes because the tops were brown enough, but the bottoms weren't done. Maybe this is just a result of using my sucky oven.
No comments:
Post a Comment