Thursday, December 2, 2010

Wednesday, December 1st, 2010 - Cottage Pie

Recipe: http://www.cookingbytheseatofmypants.com/recipes/cottage-pie-recipe/

Changes: I added canned corn and did not add celery or thyme.  The ingredient list calls for garlic, but then it's never implemented in the instructions, so I just left it out.

I'm still working on figuring out proportions with the ingredients here.  I should have had more potatoes.  I bought .3 kg of meat, which was enough.  I could have added peas, but I forgot I had them.

I thought this was good.  It's different than what my family cooks, but it was easy to implement with my limited kitchen supplies.  I didn't put enough salt in, so I need to be more careful about getting spices correct.  Also, I didn't finely chop the carrots, so they weren't done, so I should consider boiling or steaming them before adding them to the beef.  I'm keeping the recipe and will see if I can improve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment