I used this recipe as a reference, but generally did my own thing: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/vegetable-chow-mein-recipe/index.html
2 small carrots
1 green bell pepper
4 or 5 brown mushrooms
1/3 of a chinese cabbage
package of egg noodles that was for four people
vegetable oil
soy sauce
1/4 cup chicken broth
I boiled the noodles for 4 minutes in a salted pit of water. I chopped up all the vegetables. I drained the noodles and thoroughly rinsed them with cold water. I heated my skillet on high and added lots of vegetable oil. I padded the noodles dry and then put them in the skillet to brown. I added lots of garlic and ginger. I moved them around every once in a while and browned them for four minutes. I made some space in the middle, added more vegetable oil and added the carrots and let those cook. I repeated this every time for every vegetable added. Then I added the chicken broth and lots and lots of soy sauce and salt and more garlic.
We both thought this turned out well. It's not the most healthy thing, but I will keep it in the rotation.
No comments:
Post a Comment