Monday, October 3, 2011

Sunday, October 2nd, 2011 - Butternut Squash Soup

Recipe: Followed recipe in America's Test Kitchen

Changes:

I cut the squash into six or eight pieces instead of four so they could all fit in my pot.

I do not have a big steamer, so I emptied out half of the liquid to fit in my little steamer basket.  I added all of that liquid back when I was pureeing or warming up later, so the extra liquid doesn't seem necessary to me.


Thoughts:

I did like this steaming method instead of roasting, so I will use this in the future.  I'm not sure shallots made a difference, so if I can't find shallots, a regular onion will do.


Update: I put in 1/2 cup of heavy cream and I think it was too much.  Takes away from the flavor of the squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment