Recipe: From Harumi's Japanese Cooking, pg. 45
Ingredients:
4 cups dashi stock or fish stock
1 tablespoon mirin (think about adding more)
1.5 tablespoons soy sauce (think about doubling this)
2 teaspoons water mixed with 1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 eggs
green onions
salt
1. Warm the dashi or fish stock in a pan. Once it has come to the boil, ad the mirin and soy sauces then gently thicken with cornstarch.
2. In a separate bowl lightly beat the eggs and add to the heated stock. Simmer for a few minutes, making sure not to overcook the eggs. Turn off the heat, pour into individual bowls, dress with green onions.
Changes: I used seafood stock since I couldn't find dashi and it was an okay substitution. I would try to find dashi next time. I would also add more soy sauce and mirin than is called for.
No comments:
Post a Comment