Sunday, July 18, 2010

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - Chicken Enchiladas

Recipe: Made it up, so I'm writing it down here:

Sauteed chicken breasts that had been diced into small pieces with garlic salt, cumin, and pepper. Put enchilada sauce on bottom of pan. Put chicken and cheese into corn tortillas and rolled and placed in pan. Covered with more sauce and more cheese. Baked at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.


This was pretty good for my first try at enchiladas. Definitely only buy green sauce from now on because it is better. Try to shred the chicken, but diced chicken was just fine. Get some taco sauce to add to chicken to make more flavorful. Experiment with adding other things like corn, beans, or vegetables.

Served with black and pinto beans and diced fresh fruit.

First successful having people over for dinner!


November 2012 Update:

Okay, tried a new recipe and I liked this one better

Ingredients:

1/2 large onion
4 oz. can of green chilies
small flour tortillas
three chicken breasts
red enchilada sauce
paprika
chili powder
vegetable oil
1/8 cup chicken broth or heavy cream
2 cups shredded cheese


I boiled the chicken breasts for 15 - 20 minutes.  I diced the onions as small as I could while the chicken was cooking.  I also turned on the oven to 375 at this point.  When the chicken was done, I drained them and shredded them.  Then I heated up a pan and put a little bit of vegetable oil in it and cooed the onions for one or two minutes.  I added in the green chilies and some salt, pepper, paprika, and chili powder. Then I added in the shredded chicken.  I put in a bit of heavy cream to make it moist.

I poured some of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 pan.  Then I put some of the chicken mix on a tortillas and some cheese and rolled it and placed it in the pan, seam side down.  This recipe made enough to fill one square and one rectangle pan.  I put the pans in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment