Sunday, March 6, 2011

Thursday, March 3rd, 2011 - Cornbread

Used this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Homesteader-Cornbread/Detail.aspx

However, it calls for a 13x9 pan, which is too much for the two of us.  I cut it down to 12 servings and used these measurements for a 9-inch round cake pan:

1 cup cornmeal
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup melted butter (didn't have vegetable oil)

This still produced more than was needed in the cake pan, but it was the best I could come up with at the moment.  The cornbread itself, I think, tastes good, so I'll either need to come up with a better proportion and use another recipe.  Darren suggested cutting the recipe even more and making it in a mini-loaf pan since we don't eat enough of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment