Recipe:
Serves 4
1/2 lb. asparagus
12 oz. penne pasta
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/3 cup heavy cream
grated zest and juice of one lemon
1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
grated parmesan cheese
Break off the tough ends of the asparagus. Cut the stalks at an angle every 1 or 2 inches, leaving the tips whole. Steam the asparagus 7 or 8 minutes, under tender but still crisp. Rinse in cold water and drain.
Cook the pasta in a pot of salted boiling water until al dente.
Warm the cream and butter in the same pot the asparagus was in over low heat and simmer for a couple of minutes. Add the cooked asparagus and the lemon zest and juice. Take off the heat and leave for 5 minutes for the flavors to blend.
Drain the pasta after it is cooked, keeping a tablespoon of the pasta water. Combine with the asparagus and sauce, adding pasta water to thin out the cream.
Stir, season with salt and pepper, add the parsley and serve. Add parmesan cheese.
Changes:
I used maybe 3/4 lb. of asparagus and 3 cups of pasta. I didn't feel like there was enough sauce so I added another tablespoon of butter and more heavy cream. I think this is a must. I used tiny asparagus so I only steamed them for 5 minutes. I cooked the pasta for 8 minutes. I should have added more parsley, don't be afraid to add full tablespoon.
I served with fresh strawberries. This was good and I want to make this again.
No comments:
Post a Comment